Why choose Sage 50Cloud Payroll?
Simple, straightforward payroll for small to medium-sized businesses (5-100 employees) combines HMRC recognized software with award-winning support. Process your payroll for up to 15, 25 or over 25 employees* with confidence that you’re always up to date with legislation, including Real Time Information (RTI) and Automatic Enrolment.
With all the tools and features to maintain complete control, including automatic assessment, secure data storage and a direct link to HMRC, you can transform the pain of payroll into a positive experience.
Sage 50 Payroll helps you run swift, accurate and efficient payroll. Payments and deductions including PAYE, statutory sick pay and maternity pay are calculated automatically along with the option to pay employees via eBanking.
Our new Automated Payslips feature enables you to send payslips to your employees without having to print, post or email them individually. Simply select printed and/or to be accessed securely online and everything else is done for you.
Safe & Secure
Worry free payroll allows you to save your important employee information in one place and keep it secure by applying access rights for users. Store detailed records including personal information, tax codes and pay history without worrying about unauthorised access.
Over half of UK businesses are submitting to HMRC through Sage 50 Payroll. Now you can take the hassle out of keeping your HMRC PAYE data up-to-date. Collect data straight from the HMRC Secure Mailbox, and submit starters, leavers and Real Time Information (RTI) direct from the software.
Payroll & Pension Legislation
Sage 50 Payroll makes sure you’re fully equipped to handle Real Time Information (RTI) and get prepared for the new workplace pension legislation, Automatic Enrolment with ease.
Fully compliant with the latest legislation, Sage 50 Payroll can stop you being caught out by changes in the law and manage the impact to your business, including the new National Living Wage. Salary review forecasting in Sage 50 Payroll will allow you to plan for the future and manage the financial impact – make sure you’re one step ahead of the game.
Updates, Support & Optional Extras
Backed by market-leading support, including local expertise and full compliance, Sage 50 Payroll provides telephone support and automatic software updates as standard. You’ll always have the latest tax year updates, latest software and priority access to our payroll experts.
We offer businesses with any number of employees or complexity of payroll a fully comprehensive and cost effective solution. Our optional extras, including managing additional employees and companies and network installation can be configured as part of your package (available on the over 25 employees tier).
* Employee count includes leavers in the tax year.
Sage 50 Payroll Pensions Module
Get to grips with new Auto Enrolment legislation in minutes rather than months with our simple and effective Pensions Module. The Pensions Module assesses your workforce and automates all the data, payments and communications you need as specified by the Pensions Regulator.
Sage 50 Payroll NHS Pensions Module
Avoid manual, time-consuming processes associated with NHS Tiered Pensions with the Sage 50 Payroll NHS Pensions Module. The new module simplifies pensions by periodically reassessing tiers; speeding up assessments whilst also ensuring total compliance and accuracy.
Pay your suppliers and employees accurately and on-time with Sage Payments. By integrating with Sage 50 Payroll you can now manage and make swift and secure payments straight from your software.
Introducing Automated Payslips
- A fully automated solution that reduces the admin cost of paying your people
- Send payslips direct to your employee’s phone, computer or door with just one click
- It’s convenient – with 24/7 anywhere/anytime access to payslips
- Allows for seamless integration with your Sage 50 Payroll software
- Securely hosted online payslips (minimum of 25 hosted payslips per month)
- Reduce printing and postage costs
- Reduce your workload from printing and posting payslips
- Be more green by reducing your carbon footprint
- Quick and easy access to historic payslips
- Manage historic payslip queries
- Inclusive Multi Award-Winning Support
- Flexible Payment Plans
- One User and One Company Licence
Easy to use Payroll software
- Simple installation – get started in minutes
- No need to hire, or be a payroll expert
- Easy set-up wizard walks you through setting up your business
- ‘Show me how’ videos walk you through key tasks
- Get to grips with your software with practice data
- Priority access to our payroll experts by phone, email or live chat
- Import your existing payroll data from a CSV file
- Connect with Microsoft Office
- Integrate with Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payments
- Additional Payroll Onsite Support is available as a standalone feature.
Further bolt on features for Sage 50 Payroll include:
Sage 50 Payroll Pensions Module
Prepare for Auto Enrolment and save time processing your workforce and with our simple Pensions Module from £14.99 per month.
Sage 50 Payroll NHS Pensions Module
Simplify tiered pensions and speed up your assessments with our NHS Pensions Module from £14.99 per month.
Manage and make payments straight from your software from only £10 *
Manage your Payroll
- Automatically calculate PAYE, National Insurance & tax deductions
- Print or email payslips to employees
- Choose from a range of payslip layouts
- Electronically pay employees using e-banking
- Full compliance where you pay your employees
- RTI (Real Time Information) ready – submit to HMRC every time you pay your employees
- Set up custom holiday allowances and absence types for different people
- Record and calculate Student Loan and Salary Sacrifice deductions
- Set variances in pay or hours and be alerted when these are reached.
Expert Payroll Support
- Complete with multi-award-winning support
- Speak to our experts by phone, email or live chat
- Priority access to our payroll experts – no more waiting in queues
- Connect live via remote desktop access for on-the-spot problem solving
- Online FAQ database, free webinars and business toolkits
- Receive up to three customised reports for your business each year
- Unlimited access to the Sage Business Community.
Store Detailed Employee Records
- Name, address, date of birth and contact details
- Payroll number, tax code and National Insurance details
- Record appraisals and meeting history
- Track sickness and absence patterns
- Holiday entitlement
- Save disciplinary records
- Employments and salary history
- Written statements of employment
- Attach documents to employee records.
Stay Compliant with Payroll Legislation
- HMRC recognised software with the latest tax year updates 2014/2015
- Receive free legislation updates directly to your software
- Submit PAYE data to HMRC online in real time (Real Time Information)
- Automatically calculate statutory sick, maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Record student loans and attachment of earnings
- Record fixed amount or percentage calculated pension schemes
- Stay up-to-date with National Minimum Wage and company car allowances.
Prepare for Automatic Enrolment
- Add Sage Pensions Module, or Sage NHS Pensions Module with your Sage Payroll
- 1-4 of the UK Auto Enrolment staged workforce was accessed by the Pensions Module
- Understand the cost of Automatic Enrolment to your business by calculating the contributions
- Use our Pension Centre to create your personalised auto enrolment action plan based on The Pensions Regulator’s best practice advice
- Set up your Pensions quickly and easily with Pension’s Fast-Track
- Access Pensions Data Exchange via the Pensions Module.
Real Time Information (RTI) ready
- Real Time Information (RTI) will be a legal requirement from April
- Submit to HMRC every time you pay your employees
- Dedicated RTI Centre walks you through all you need to do
- Check your PAYE data for errors before submitting
- Employer Payment Submission, notifying HMRC of adjustments to your employees overall PAYE
- Validate and obtain new employee National Insurance Numbers with NINO Verification
- Submit your PAYE data to HMRC in a single click.
Analyse your data
- Easily generate payslips, payment summaries, holiday and absence reports and more
- Quickly find and print a range of reports with the Report Browser
- Save your favourite reports for easy access
- Run statutory reports P32, P35, P60 and P11
- Analyse data by cost centre and department
- Create your own reports with the report designer
- Get three free customized reports from our support team
- Get our most popular monthly and yearly reports free.
Keep your Payroll accurate and secure
- Easy backup and restore your data
- Roll your data back to correct errors from previous payroll runs
- Apply access rights to restrict users from accessing certain areas of the program
- Securely email payslips to employees
- Password protect PDF reports to keep them secure
- Call our experts to help you move, backup or recover your data
- Express data recovery service within one working day.