Why Cloud IT ?
UK ICT Cloud IT based Services are Flexible. It’s easy to scale your capacity to meet your changing business needs
Disaster Recovery becomes a viable option for smaller businesses
Updated Software, out of site servers mean the supplier takes care of software updates
No Capital Expenditure. Cloud solutions avoid the need for front end loaded capital investment
Increased Collaboration. Access, edit and share documents from anywhere with Cloud-based apps
Work from Anywhere. With an Internet connection you can access your files from anywhere
SECURITY. Eliminate the worry of lost laptops with confidential data stored on them, your files are in the cloud
10 Reasons why you should move to the Cloud
- Cost Savings: Cutting down on the cost assumes significant importance for any business and cloud service providers offer computing power at low cost as providers benefit from huge economies of scale. Cloud services are offered in a pay-as-you-use (subscription) model that requires the companies to pay only for the services used and reduces the capital investment of perpetual software licencing.
- Investment: Companies often find it difficult to invest heavily in IT equipment given the lack of funds required for capital projects. Opting for a cloud based infrastructure allows more efficient management of limited resources. Delivery of services over the cloud means that costs can be planned as operating expenditure with a monthly budget. Decisions about key issues such as server life expectancy is taken by the service provider
- Integration: Cloud serves as the best means by providing a common platform for integration to take place across a multitude of services such as infrastructure services, management, data, identity and development.
- Scalability: Cloud computing allows companies to scale up or scale down the services implemented with great ease and flexibility eliminating the need to plan and acquire own infrastructure to cope with the sudden influx or downturn of demand.
- Flexibility: Many modern organizations want employees to access corporate data from a multitude of locations and variety of devices. This flexibility can be made easier by employing cloud services. Cloud services enable IT environments of customers to be fluid and dynamic with the ability to add new services and efficiently respond to increasing customer needs..
- User Control: Over the past decade, the concept of BYOD has emerged and with increasing proliferation of this trend, IT departments are finding it difficult to manage the compliance and security issues. As the enterprises move beyond the borders of their data centres, cross-cloud authentication becomes imperative and cloud computing enables a Single Sign-on (SSO), facilitating a single environment for the IT department to manage credentials and user accounts across a multitude of user experiences and devices.
- Increased Collaboration: Cloud computing enables employees to collaborate easily by providing simultaneous syncing, working and sharing documents and records in real time.
- Speed: The time required to commission, install and configure services often takes weeks in the traditional method. Cloud services enables the businesses to set up and run the services in matter of hours. This sort of dramatic decrease in turnaround time is perhaps the strong driving force to adopt cloud services.
- Easier Patches and Upgrades: Maintenance of software is one of the most challenging tasks for any IT department and significant amount of time and resources are often used in performing these tasks leaving little time for strategic planning. However, the changing role of IT in business now includes strategic planning, increasing revenue, efficient management of resources and advancing innovation. Implementation of cloud services eliminates the cost of software maintenance as the service provider looks after maintenance and upgrading to latest software thereby enabling IT department to focus on other important issues.
- Security: Perhaps, the weakest link in the initial days of cloud adoption was the security concerns raised by the consumers. However, these concerns were misguided and cloud providers could actually provide higher levels of security and data integrity. Cloud services providers, equipped with huge economies of scale have more specialized staff and place greater emphasis on security offering enhanced levels of security for sensitive data and DPA compliance